Fun Forest Programs! - Check out our program schedule
There is a lot to see and do here at the Tillamook Forest Center, including family-friendly activities. Join our interpretive naturalists for a wide variety of enjoyable programs. Upcoming special events are listed below.
DON'T MISS THE FUN!
Second Saturdays: August 9th and September 13th
It’s story time at the Tillamook Forest Center!
Join us to explore the forest through stories, songs, and activities – geared for young children (ages 3-6) and their caregivers. We will start off with an engaging children’s story and follow up with a fun activity; sure to entertain the wee ones. Each month we will host a different forest adventure, so come along and let our naturalists tell you a Tillamook Tale! This program is FREE and will be held the second Saturday of each month at the Tillamook Forest Center and includes a snack courtesy of the Tillamook Cheese Factory .
Return from the Burn
Friday, August 15th - Sunday, August 17th
Join us for a day of fun celebrating the unique Tillamook State Forest. Throughout the weekend we will host engaging activities and displays representing the history of the forest before, during and after the fires.
Thanks to the generous support of the Tillamook Forest Heritage Trust, this year’s event will include new activities. On Saturday we are featuring the band Timberbound, who will offer two sets of old logger’s songs, including their rendition of “Tillamook Burn.” Also, we will have a special steam donkey presentation that will showcase how this 1880s machine became the workhorse of the woods. At the event you can:
- Meet Smokey Bear & his fire fighting friends – receive a free goodie bag!
- Have fun during children’s storytime and puppet show
- Eat yummy BBQ available for purchase from the Coyote’s Grill
- Visit with wildland firefighters and see their gear
- Drop a smoke jumper from the lookout tower
- Tap your feet while listening to Timberbound’s old logger’s songs (Saturday at 12:30 & 3 pm)
- Get wet exploring the Wilson River with Tillamook Estuaries Partnership staff on Saturday
- Watch a special steam donkey presentation
- Check out unique seasonal displays, face painting and much more!
- Enjoy free admission, events, and activities. Your generous donations to the Tillamook Forest Heritage Trust help support programs and events like this.
This year’s Tillamook Forest Center “Return from the Burn” event is offered in conjunction with Tillamook County’s “A Step Back in Time” which offers visitors an opportunity to visit several other museums and take a scenic train ride for an all-inclusive $15.00 pass. For more information on “A Step Back in Time”, please call the Garibaldi Maritime Museum at (503) 322-8411.We hope you’ll join us for the Return from the Burn event this year for some free family fun!
Forest Wildfire & Watershed Educator Workshop
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Save the date!
Details coming soon!
Mysterious Mushrooms of the Tillamook State Forest
Sunday, October 19, 2014
11:30 am & 1:30 pm
Details coming soon!
Check back for details and watch our facebook page!